What are your go-to methods for making small eyes appear larger using eyeliner?
Asked 2 months ago
Hi there, I've been struggling with making my small eyes appear larger when applying eyeliner, and it's been a bit of a challenge. I really want to enhance the appearance of my eyes and make them pop, but I'm not quite sure which techniques and methods work best for this specific issue. Does anyone have any advices?
Tuesday, October 24, 2023
To make your eyes appear larger, there are a couple of things you can do and things you should absolutely not do.
These are small but significant eye makeup steps that will give you the appearance of larger eyes:
- Keep your eyeliner simple, thinner, and with the wing flicked up.
- Use a nude eye pencil on the waterline to open up the eyes. Follow this up by using a darker matte brown on the lash line to further open up your eyes.
- Don't be afraid to add shimmer. Add it to the middle of the eyelid, on the inner corners of the eyes, and on your brow bone.
- Apply a lengthening mascara after eyeliner will make your eyes appear bigger.
I encourage you to trial and error with the above tips. You can also add all the tips at once or pick and choose which one suits your personal style the best.
What not to do:
- If using black eyeliner, do not tightline or apply eyeliner to the waterline. This will make your eyes appear smaller.
- Dramatic and thicker eyeliner styles will make your eyes seem smaller.
Please follow our Community Guidelines